Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, May 19, 2011

You are getting married. Write a letter to an English-speaking friend to invite him/her to the wedding. In your letter - describe who you are going to marry, - tell what will happen on the wedding day (the schedule), - explain why it’s important him/her to be at the wedding.




Dear Sarah,

Hope this letter finds you in radiant health and the best of spirits. I am getting married on 5th March 2011 and I am writing this letter to formally invite you to the wedding. You always wanted to attend an Indian wedding and believe me you are going to enjoy all ceremonies that are attached with the actual wedding ceremony.

My fiancé, Tarun Sharma, is working with Dell International as a senior web developer. We met at my cousin’s wedding 6 months ago for the first time and we had an instant liking for each other. He approached my parents through his parents and so it is an arranged-cum-love-marriage affair.

You must come one week in advance because on 28th February, we have the ring ceremony and on 1st March there is the ‘Ladies Sangeet’. It is a very interesting celebration in which you will get to taste a lot of folk culture of Punjab. Then we have the ‘Mehandi’ ceremony on the 3rd March and finally the great wedding day on the 5th. You know in a traditional Hindu wedding, the priest lights up a fire around which the bride and groom circle and take holy vows. After the ‘Doli’ ceremony, I shall leave my parents home to go to my new home with my husband.

You are my best friend and I also heard you are doing a research on the Indian Tradition and Culture. Therefore it is very important for you to attend the wedding so you get a first hand experience of many things. After the wedding, you are welcome to stay with my parents for some time and my younger sister shall take you around to see some tourist spots.

Hoping to see you at the wedding!

Yours with love,
Kiran.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive