Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, May 23, 2011

IELTS letter - You have just arrived in a foreign country on a business trip. You faced a problem at the airport. Write a letter to the airport manager regarding the problem you had. In your letter - identify yourself and state your flight number, - explain what problem you had at the airport, - suggest an improvement that should be made to the airport to prevent the problem.



Dear Sir,

I arrived in Houston, Texas, on 12th January for a business trip. I am writing this letter to complain about the problem I faced at the baggage recovery section of the airport.

My name is Sarabjeet Singh and I arrived in Texas on 12th January afternoon by flight number KL 881. I came from New Delhi. My flight was via Amsterdam, where I had a four hour halt. After I checked in at New Delhi,I was told that I would get my baggage at Houston. When I arrived in Houston, my baggage did not arrive. I was told to report to the ‘Lost and Found’ section. When I went there, I was told to wait as it was lunch hour. The concerned person came after two hours whereas the lunch hour is meant to be only one hour. The cab I had booked charged me extra for having to wait so long.

When people arrive after such long journeys, then such a long wait at the airport can be very irksome. The ‘lost and Found’ department should work round the clock. There should be no lunch hour or at least someone should be there all the time. I request you sir to do something about this matter urgently.

Thanking you,

Yours truly,
Sarabjeet Singh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive